Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Use Audacity to change size of MP3 files

Today I used Audacity to edit some MP3 files so that they can be used as my cell phone ringtones. I opened the MP3 files in Audacity, cut out the fragment I liked, and exported them as MP3 files. After I send them to my cellphone via bluetooth, I found that the files are too large to be set as ringtones.

I checked online and on the Audacity forum I found that people are talking about export 'options', but in this case, the 'option' dialogue box didn't show up at all. I guess it is because what I imported is already a MP3 file and the bitrate has been set. Then I tried several different setting at different places. Finally I figured out that the right thing to set is the 'project rate'. Decreasing this project rate results in much smaller MP3 file.

 

1 comment:

  1. This method actually gives a file with low quality. i have figured out a better way.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments?

my-alpine and docker-compose.yml

 ``` version: '1' services:     man:       build: .       image: my-alpine:latest   ```  Dockerfile: ``` FROM alpine:latest ENV PYTH...